Having recently aquired a new but 2nd hand lentil press I have set to experimenting, after getting my torch set up that is.
Starting with the lush turquoise and ivory effetre glasses I made a few beads and then got to work with the press. First one is on the bottom left of the picture - and I think it must have been beginner's luck!
Then moved on a bit to try some other techniques. I have got myself some murrini and some brass mesh. I have been practising using the mesh as an inclusion encased in clear, and the idea is that when heated enough it creates bubbles that look like champange bubbles. This worked best on the one that cracked - sod's law. I guess I just didn't get the others quite hot enough. I will get the hang of this sooner or later!
Other than that I have been busy updating my Etsy shop, adding new stock and posting much improved photos. Go on over and take a look.